Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

summer lovin'

Arnold Palmers, boiled peanuts, front porch rocking, magnolias booming, and lots of physical labor- summer has officially arrived in Chestnut Mountain. Most of my days are spent driving a truck or riding my horse.
There is something so refreshing about going back to the basics. I didn't realize how complicated my life at school had become until I came back home. There are no complicated relationships. Friendships don't take work. Church isn't even a decision. Noise is minimal. This was exactly what I needed. Although I still have no idea what I want out of life, somehow that feels okay here. Yes, the simplicity of home is a beautiful thing. I am relearning to appreciate a blue sky, a random thunderstorm, a pair of solid levi jeans, a next-door neighbor's consistent wave, and easy Christ-centered relationships (that I'm beginning to realize are very rare). Thank you, Jesus, for all the simple joys. May I never forget to notice.

No comments: